[Tweeters] Light Morph Harlan's Red-tail Kent

retief retief at deweydrive.com
Mon Jan 25 17:28:26 PST 2016

As identifying Hawks drive me nuts sometimes, I just Tweeters as a
resource often and now the Merlin Bird ID beta thanks to tweeters, I
wonder what the best way is to identify these different Morphs? What ID
factors do you look at first? I have a copy of the Petersons Filed
Guide on Hawks, but I still find myself sometimes going crazy. Just
wondering if there are any recommended "steps" to follow in general? I
love the patterns on the underside of the wings and body.

Thanks

--

Bill Dewey
www.thefocusedeye.com