[Tweeters] Re: Possible King County Red-shouldered Hawk

Todd Sahl toddsahl at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 18:34:24 PST 2016

Tweets,
I heard back privately that this Red-tailed Hawk was tagged and relocated in April 2015 from PDX airport to the Skagit Flats.
This particular bird seems to have an airport fetish, as it was probably less than a mile from SeaTac when I saw it.
I wonder if it is possible to relocate too many raptors up to the Skagit Flats, since now SeaTac and PDX are both doing so. It reminds me of a story I heard once that at some point in the 20th century Phoenix Arizona was dealing with its homelessness problem by giving homeless people $100 in cash and a Greyhound bus ticket to Eugene Oregon!
Todd SahlSeattle