[Tweeters] eBird Report - Lake Sammamish State Park, Jan 30, 2016

Sharon Cormier-Aagaard scormieraa001 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 14:28:35 PST 2016

Hi Tweets,

Here's my eBird report from another bird walk this morning at Lake Sam. The Dunlin were neat to watch in flight.

Sharon Aagaard
Bellevue
scormieraa001 at hotmail.com

Lake Sammamish State Park, King, Washington, US
Jan 30, 2016 8:00 AM - 11:15 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
Comments: Sharon and Stan were joined by 6 others at this Saturday morning bird walk at Lake Sammamish State Park on behalf of Eastside Audubon Society. Mostly cloudy and dry....yay, no rain! 40-44F, 1-6 mph. HIGHLIGHTS: We watched in fascination a small flock of about 40 DUNLIN in a mumuration movement, flying, turning, showing us their front sides, then their backs, as if they were all connected tightly together by invisible strings pulling each bird's body the same way. They were in flight for more than 5 minutes near the west side of the mouth of Issaquah Creek, and appeared to want to land, but never did. Then, off they flew west towards Tibbit's Beach. We enjoyed a close view of a SOOTY FOX SPARROW, making its loud chip notes. Notable misses: Red-tailed Hawk, Red-breasted Sapsucker, Bushtit, Brown Creeper and Golden-crowned Sparrow. <br />Submitted from eBird Android 1.0.2
38 species

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S27210129