[Tweeters] Nisqually NWR

Louis Kreemer lpkreemer at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 11:27:32 PST 2016

Hey Tweeters,
Today I had a great day at Nisqually. Started off with a couple hundred Cackling Geese in the flooded fields. The recently reported Swan Goose was with them. About 50 Northern Pintails were mixed in with Shovelers and Wigeons. Next a Red Breasted Sapsucker foraged near Twin Barns. From the Twin Barns viewing platform I spotted the Red Shouldered Hawk perched in the willows out in the freshwater marsh. The female Great Horned Owl was on the nest. Also of note: a female Varied Thrush, a Northern Harrier, and about five possible Greater Yellowlegs that flew into the marsh.