[Tweeters] RFI - Seattle Cooper's Hawks

falcophile at comcast.net falcophile at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 16:56:56 PDT 2016

Yo Tweets,

The Seattle Cooper’s Hawk Project is continuing to document the breeding density, productivity and dispersal of urban nesting Cooper’s Hawks. At this time of year, nests we may have missed are more easily detected by the food-begging calls of fledglings. Cornell's All About Birds site has two good audio clip examples. We welcome sightings of Cooper’s Hawks from within the Seattle city limits, or of color-banded birds anywhere. We have over 130 color-banded birds “out there,” each with unique alphanumeric codes. Please reply off line. We also ask that nest locations not be posted on tweeters. While urban Cooper's Hawks are surprisingly human-tolerant, they are not immune to disturbance by over-enthusiastic viewers. Thanks.

Ed Deal

falcophile AT comcast.net