[Tweeters] Olympia Port: Osprey Chicks

ray holden rayleeholden at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 8 10:38:49 PDT 2016

I was watching the osprey nest at the Port of Olympia log yard this morning at 9:30.  Mom has been up standing on the nest looking back into it since Saturday which is always a positive sign.  Today she was standing alone on the nest edge when Dad flew in carrying a fish and to my surprise 4 baby ospreys popped up begging for breakfast.  Four is an usually large clutch and thus the surprise.  Dad is going to have his work cut out feeding the whole gang to fledge.  The nest is on a light tower on Port property across from the Hearth Fire restaurant  parking lot.  The best angle for viewing though until the babies get larger is from the overlook parking lot where the radio station antenna is located.  Bring at least bins for the next few days they are still small and could be out of sight down in the nest although they did stay up this time after Dad went of fishing again.
Ray HoldenOlympia, WA