[Tweeters] Ruth Sullivan's passing, Monday July 4th, 2016.

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:22:18 PDT 2016

Dear Tweets,

with sorrow I write to share the passing of Ruth Sullivan last Monday July
4th. Although unexpected, Ruth recently was not doing well and peacefully
passed during the day. Ruth's passion and enthusiasm for birding touched
decades for many bird watchers, and her spirit and posts in tweeters will
be missed. From her readily recognizable email, godwit513, to her red
Nissan with the license plate, Red knot, if Ruth was in the area most
birders were aware of her big personality packed into a small framed human
being. Ruth spent her final days with her beloved dog, Toby, and good
friend Igor. My understanding is that donations in Ruth's name can be made
to the Patrick Sullivan Young Birder's Fund at the Washington
Ornithological Society and the Tahoma Audubon Association in Tacoma. Ruth
is survived by two sisters who live in Berlin, Germany, as well more
distant relatives (a nephew) here in the States.

May Ruth rest in peace, and I hope she enjoys the birding on the other side.

with empathy,
Shep Thorp

--
Shep Thorp