[Tweeters] Question about hummers

LARRY BAXTER natural.world.explorer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:52:42 PDT 2016

I live on 5 acers completely surrounded by over 50 acres of forest.

I have the same event happen every year with the hummingbirds that come to
my feeders.

In the early spring, I have many hummingbirds swarming the feeders. I have
5 feeders out, each with 6 holes. There are so many humming birds that
they are swarming around tthe feeders like bees coming into a hive.

In the early part of July everything changes. Nearly all the hummers
dissappear. For the rest of the summer there are only 2 or 3 that come in
and out on an occasional basis.

I've lived in this house for about 19 years now and the same event has
happened every single year.

Can anybody help shed light on what's going on?

Larry Baxter
Camano Island