[Tweeters] Question about hummers

Philip Dickinson pdickins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 22:54:02 PDT 2016

During breeding season, hummers gather protein (insects) for their chicks
and for themselves. They fatten up on sugar water when they arrive after a
long migration flight, to prepare themselves for fall migration, or, in the
case of year-round Anna's, to increase protection against our winter
weather. After seeing very little activity during May and June, I am
seeing feeder activity pick up in recent days especially by females and
juveniles.

Phil Dickinson
Lake Stevens