[Tweeters] Pileated Woodpecker Family

Joan Miller jemskink at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:03:59 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets,

I live next to Camp Long and for years have enjoyed watching the Pileated
Woodpeckers come to my suet feeder. Last year, Papa Pileated brought his
young. This summer, so far, I've only seen Mama and son. They've been
coming regularly now, and also enjoying my birdbath! The young one
especially seems to like the water. I've not seen them do that before. I
was just walking in the park and saw Mama and son on a trunk. But I have
not seen Papa and am getting concerned. I hope he's OK.

Joan Miller
West Seattle
jemskink at gmail dot com