[Tweeters] Edmonds Merlins

Kenneth Trease krtrease at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 10:25:42 PDT 2016

I was surprised this morning when I left home for a morning walk. I
usually walk the trail around the Lynnwood golf course and this morning
when I stepped out I head a very loud Merlin calling from the tall conifers
on the south side of 208th St at 72nd Ave. Then it was joined by two
more. It appeared to be two adult Merlins attending a sub-adult full size
juvenile bird. I went back in for my binoculars and searched several trees
for a nest but did not find one. The birds continued with the loud rapid
kee-kee-kee type call which sounds a lot like a Killdeer. Anyway first
Merlins I have seen in my neighborhood.