[Tweeters] RFI: Birding Seattle/Pelagic in August

Chad Witko chadjwitko at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:31:05 PDT 2016

Greetings,

I will be spending three weeks with my wife on Vancouver Island during the
month of August (8th-29th). However, we are planning on dropping down into
Seattle for a few days.

I was curious if there are any suggestions for any pelagic trips that run
out of Seattle area? I see there are trips out of Westport, but that might
be a little far for us. Any suggestions out of Seattle? Almost all the
birds on the trip would be life birds for my wife, but my main target is
Fork-tailed Storm-Petrel, a species I've missed in the past on prior
pelagics.

Also, while in Seattle are there any MUST see areas to bird? The jaunt to
Washington won't be a specific birding trip, but one where we can get out
here or there for some birds. Also, I've lived in CA for a year and a half
and I'm unsure what species I should maybe target in the Seattle area that
are specialties to the US that aren't found in CA or the Northeast (where
I'm from).

We appreciate any and all information that you can pass along to us!

Cheers,
Chad Witko
Wilton, NH
--
Chad Witko
www.chat-happens.com

"I came to believe birds are the most vivid expression of life. It made me
aware of the world in which we live."
Roger Tory Peterson