[Tweeters] Conrad Meadows and Hwy 12 (White Pass) closure

Dave Hayden dtvhm at nwrain.com
Sat Jul 23 19:58:08 PDT 2016

On Friday, Sherry and I hiked through Conrad Meadows on the S. Fork Tieton Trail to the junction and back. Conrad Meadows was full of birds in which we had
Vaux's Swift 3
Red-naped Sapsucker 2
Northern Flicker 1
Western Wood-Pewee 1
Common Raven 1
Mountain Chickadee - several
American Robin - many
Common Yellowthroat 1
Chipping Sparrow - lots
Dark-eyed Junco - lots
Western Tanager 10
Lazuli Bunting 4
Cassin's Finch - lots
Pine Siskin 2

Along the rest of the trail we added the following
Rufous Hummingbird 1
American Three-toed Woodpecker 2
Steller's Jay 4
Clark's Nutcracker 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch 3
Hermit Thrush 1

Just a quick note on Hwy 12 (White Pass). The pass will be closed on Wednesday 7-27 from 5:00am to 3:00pm. The closure will be about 2 miles east of the summit to remove a semi that ran off the road that morning.

Dave Hayden
dtvhm AT nwrain.com
Centralia, WA