[Tweeters] Scissor Tailed Flycatcher Party - Without the Guest of Honor

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 24 15:19:11 PDT 2016

It would have been even greater if the Scissor Tailed Flycatcher had made an appearance but the 4 plus hours spent at Marymoor this morning were still terrific.  Beautiful place and more than 20 birders hoping for a view of a very special bird but while we waited we visited and renewed acquaintances and friendships and made new ones.  We shared stories of other chases - successes and failures and of other birds and birders and details of where to find this and that.  For a big group that had essentially just failed in a primary mission there sure were lots of smiles and laughs.  Better if the guest of honor had appeared but a good party.  We are fortunate to share a birding life in a wonderful sharing and caring community.

Blair Bernson