[Tweeters] osprey with snake

L Markoff canyoneaglej at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:24:59 PDT 2016

​Back in the mid-90s when my kids were young we were vacationing on the
Outer Banks, NC. We visited Fort Raleigh NHS. We had just parked our car
in the parking lot when an Osprey flew overhead, carrying an Eel. It
dropped the Eel, which, even though it hit the pavement, was still alive.
The kids and I scooped it up into a sand bucket and found a way to the
water, where we released it. It swam off, with an exciting tale to tell
its Eel friends.

Perhaps your Osprey also had an Eel, and not a snake??? Just a thought.

Lori Markoff
Eugene, OR
canyoneagle at comcast.net (preferred email address)