[Tweeters] Enhanced WA Drivers Licenses

littlebirder littlebirder at pacifier.com
Sun Jul 31 09:47:46 PDT 2016

I get TSA-PRE-CHECK all the time and don't have an enhanced drivers license.

Sherry HagenVancouver, WAlittlebirder at gmail.com
-------- Original message --------From: Tom Merritt <birders.2341 at comcast.net> Date: 7/29/16 8:25 PM (GMT-07:00) To: tweeters at u.washington.edu Subject: [Tweeters] Enhanced WA Drivers Licenses
This may have been covered already, but the other advantage of having an Enhanced Driver’s License is that when visiting Canada and possibly Mexico, a passport is not required. Several years ago when I expected to be traveling extensively to Alberta, I obtained one.  I believe that having one also makes being given TSA pre-check status more likely.  I have found that approximately 75% of the time I get TSA pre-check status automatically without having spent the money and going through the hassles to obtain the TSA pre-check status.  Of course I only fly a few times per year. Tom Merritt