[Tweeters] Another hummer nest? / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed Jun 1 16:29:59 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters!

I just happened to see a hummingbird hovering up in the vicinity of the first nest we watched in 2013. It seems like it has the same neck-aching (breaking) location but will have to compare cones and photgraphs. I put my binocs up in the general area and I seemed to zero in on a perfectly shaped golf ball nest! It looks rather fresh. Can't quite recall if it's the exact location but will keep my scope on it to see if there is any activity there! Only wish it was the Rufous!

So, the hummer saga seems to keep pulling me back in. Always the best distraction - that and salted caramels. One can be enjoyed while enjoying the other. It does seem to help ease the neck pain.

Also had a lovely swallowtail fly through the garden yesterday and Idie Ulsh immediately flew into my mind!

Caryn / Wedgwood