[Tweeters] If it's not crows it's yellowjackets.../ Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Wed Jun 1 17:29:53 PDT 2016

Hi again, Tweeters,

Outside checking on things and looked up at the bushtit nest and saw a yellowjacket buzzing the entry! I did try to shake it a bit when I saw it enter, not knowing if anyone was in there, but before I needed to go further, a bushtit came flying straight, while chirping away as if to say "there's not a cage small enough for them to put around us to keep you out!".

Hope it was just a stray! I do know the bees have been in other bird houses, even surrounding them in a paper nest!

Guess they must still be on the nest! Only wish I knew if it was eggs or hatchlings! I never did see babies from the initial brood, unless this is still it. Could it be?

Nervous Nellie (aka Caryn) in Wedgwood