[Tweeters] Pelicans in formation over N. Matthews Beach

Barbara Deihl barbdeihl at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 11:13:28 PDT 2016

At about 8:15 a.m., while I was out in the street talking to an SDOT road-repairer, a V formation of about 20 silent big birds, flew overhead, in a northwesterly direction. They were silhouetted against the sky, so looked black, but from the size, shape, and with my memories of having seen pelicans in the past (flying overhead near Northgate and along the Yakima River), I'm thinking these were White Pelicans. Seems like a person or 2 have reported seeing pelicans recently at the Fill, Matthews Beach, Magnuson Park, plus near Edmonds as well, so this may not be all that uncommon. It was neat to see, though I must say that the SDOT guy didn't show any interest when I interrupted our conversation with this sighting :-)

Barb Deihl
barbdeihl at comcast.net