[Tweeters] Ash-throated Flycatcher

Byers byers345 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 2 16:00:50 PDT 2016

Hello Tweeters,

Yesterday, Bill and I were doing some birding in the Ellensburg area. In
the afternoon, we were about to cross the suspension bridge on the Yakima
River at the Umptanum (Umtanum?) Creek Recreation Site. We were hearing a
lot of Yellow-breasted Chats in the Choke-cherries and willow along the
river, so we were trying to spot one. I finally saw some movement and was
surprised to be looking at an Ash-throated Flycatcher. Bill quickly took
the picture which I have put in Flickr. The bird stayed put about 10
seconds and then darted into the bushes and we couldn't find it again. It's
only about the third Ash-throated Flycatcher I have seen in Washington, so I
thought someone else might be interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29258421@N07/27326305062/in/dateposted-public/

Charlotte Byers, Seattle