[Tweeters] Umtanum Creek Canyon - What's the Secet?

Wally Davis wallydavis3 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 14:33:58 PDT 2016

Over the last few months I have seen quite a few posts documenting excellent
birding in Umtanum Creek Canyon. Late this morning my wife and I had an
opportunity to spend a couple of hours there and saw a grand total of 2
birds - both were northern harriers. I heard quail and a crow. My wife
heard a couple of calls (too many years around jet engines destroyed my high
frequency hearing). We wandered through the riparian by the creek and up to
the rocks at the base of the canyon walls. Is this just the wrong time of
year or do all the birds take a siesta late in the morning?

Wally Davis

Snohomish