[Tweeters] Marbled Murrelets South Lopez Island

Mike Wagenbach wagen at uw.edu
Tue Jun 7 09:39:46 PDT 2016

Thanks. I must have terrible luck to have only seen such small numbers. Or, since I prefer paddles of at least 15 miles, maybe I'm just too zonked to remember half of what I see!

By "off the SW tip of Orcas," do you mean between Jones Island and the Wasp Islands? I've been through there at least a half dozen times, but was never fortunate enough to find many birds in that area. I saw a mink diving off the north side of Yellow Island once, which I thought was pretty lucky!