[Tweeters] Reliable place for Common Poorwills?

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:02:07 PDT 2016

I always have found them in Oak Creek Canyon from .5 miles to 3.0 miles in.

Blair Bernson

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Sam Sudar<sudar.sam at gmail.com> wrote: Hello,
Can anyone recommend a somewhat reliable place in Washington to find Common Poorwills? I drove Umptanum Rd last week and came up with a very sad list of a lone Western Bluebird to show for two hours of driving.
It sounds as if I was there at the wrong time (a little too late) and focused on the wrong area (I may have driven too quickly through the wooded portion).
I'd love to hear some recommendations before going out to try again.
Thanks!
Tweeters mailing list
Tweeters at u.washington.edu