[Tweeters] Re: "Common" Nighthawk

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:11:23 PDT 2016

We have to understand that "Common" is a geographically relative term in bird names. Consider mergansers. Of the three species we have here, the "Common Merganser" is the least common -- here. But in much of the rest of North America, it is the most common, hence the name. Common Nighthawks are indeed very common in other parts of their range.

Jason Hernandez
Bremerton
jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com