[Tweeters] Local Wonders

Dennis Moore dennisdmoore at comcast.net
Sat Jun 11 17:21:30 PDT 2016

I am fortunate to live near Juanita Bay. This afternoon's fitness ride
takes me through the bay and up Forbes Creek road to a cutoff accessing
the Cross Kirkland Corridor trail. Long may it live.

A speedy scan of Jbay reveals lots of Woodies, and a perched Bald
Eagle. Turning onto Forbes Creek Drive I encounter a traffic jam. A
_HUGE_ (really folks) red eared slider turtle in the road has concerned
citizens at loggerheads. I solicit one of the drivers for an old
shopping bag and tote the turtle back into the watershed. Pavement and
mowed lawns are not good nesting habitat. When I let the critter go at
the water's edge it literally ran to the creek. I hope I did the right
thing.

On the trail I came almost nose to beak with a Cooper's hawk and then
had a flyover from an Osprey. Not bad fare for a couple hours of not
really trying. Got caught in the pm showers. I'll dry out.

Get out there. Enjoy.

Dennis Moore