[Tweeters] Bushtit fledge? / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sun Jun 12 07:34:48 PDT 2016

Good morning, Tweeters,

Just about 15 minutes ago (7:15 am) my husband saw a flush of birds - that came from very near the house and vine maples - and as we looked at the suet, it had several bushtits having breakfast. I'm assuming it was from our "nest in the cage" but will confirm later. I had seen one enter the nest yesterday so not totally sure - yet.

If it is, what a great birthday present for my husband - it is his bird-day today!! Gift for gift - he was the one who wrapped up their nest in the suet cage. (He actually knitted another bushtit nest back together with fishing line too, years ago after it had fallen to the ground and he saw there were young in it. He rehung it and the parents went right back in). Ah, Nature and its ways.

Caryn / Wedgwood