[Tweeters] Bonaparte's Gulls at Juanita Beach Park

Birder1944 at aol.com Birder1944 at aol.com
Sun Jun 12 09:43:51 PDT 2016

For at least the last three days there has been at least one Bonaparte's
Gull at Juanita Beach Park in north Kirkland. I saw three on the main beach
on Friday, one on the beach in front of the apartments to the east, and
three on the main beach again this morning. Two are in non-breeding or
juvenile plumage, maybe transitioning, and one is in almost breeding plumage,
maybe a first summer bird. Each time I observed them in the morning, between
nine and ten AM.

Note that this is Juanita Beach Park, on the north side of Juanita Bay -
NOT Juanita Bay Park, which is on the south side of the bay.

Barry Brugman
Kirkland