[Tweeters] woodpeckers

Betty bettinab39 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 12 09:56:58 PDT 2016

This is the first summer that I have feed the birds after not doing so for
many years.

Yesterday, had a downy woodpecker fill his bill with suet, and then fly off
to go feed nestlings! Also saw the first red-winged black bird - male, do
the same thing. Never had a red-winged blackbird in my yard before last
week. Had a female Re-wing 3 days last week.

And then, about ten minutes ago, a pileated woodpecker flew across my yard!!

In the 20 plus years I have lived here, I never saw a pileated woodpecker in
this area.

Betty Boyd

Chimacum, Wa