[Tweeters] Roadrunner has landed

Constance Sidles constancesidles at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 15:54:04 PDT 2016

Hey tweets, so many of you responded to my request this morning for a roadrunner picture that I am overwhelmed with gratitude for your generosity and caring. Wow, what a community we belong to. I have found exactly what I needed, and I'm so glad it is a photo from our own community. I haven't told my interviewee yet that I put in a photo of the one bird that she wanted to see as a teenager on a BirdWatch trip to Arizona for the first time. The kids didn't see a roadrunner until almost the end of their trip, and my interviewee was getting worried that she'd have to return home without one - not disappointed, because how could anyone be disappointed after a trip to SE Arizona? But still there would have been that little nagging blot on an otherwise perfect trip. Luckily she did see a roadrunner in the end. And now she'll have a lovely reminder of that moment forever memorialized in her story, thanks to you. I can just picture the smile on her face. - Connie