[Tweeters] Bushtit False alarm! / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Mon Jun 13 17:45:17 PDT 2016

Sorry, Tweeters,

Just watching one lone Bushtit tonite at 5:15 on some suet...it went into mock orange shrub and then headed straight to the nest and in it went! So, am I an empty nester or not? Only time will tell - and an x-ray perhaps? So, guess that means, unless this is another brood, that the little group we saw yesterday and today was not the real deal for Gene's bday.
Anyone have any bushtit nesting behavioral knowledge to share?

Baffled by Bushtits...I will check on them later, but wondering what is going on inside that little gated nest that is not so visible to the eye!! Could there still be unhatched eggs in the nest?

Caryn / Wedgwood