[Tweeters] Eastern Kingbird still at Magnuson Park, Seattle

Somer, Lonnie lsomer at highline.edu
Tue Jun 14 18:17:10 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

I fought rush hour traffic and went to Magnuson Park this afternoon with my son Deyland to see if the Eastern Kingbird reported this morning by Joe Sweeney was still in residence. We found it, at 4:30, in the pond that he described in his post. It used two different snags to flycatch from and was very visible the whole time that we watched it. It was keeping company with a few Cedar Waxwings and Tree Swallows. We saw just 1 Vaux's Swift and no Black Swifts while we were there.

Good birding,

Lonnie Somer

Seattle

lsomer at highline.edu