[Tweeters] RFI: birding sites in Olympic National Park

Roland van der Vliet rollie_nl at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 05:52:29 PDT 2016

Dear all,
I am an avid birder from the Netherlands who will be visiting my family in Puyuallup coming July-August. I have two main question which I will address in two separate messages. The topic of this message concerns a camping trip for a week with my family in the third week of August. I do not have a "where to watch birds" yet (although I do intend to pick one up when I am in Washington state) so I was hoping you could give me some tips and tricks. As we have to book some camping sites and my family is not really into birding, it is better to sort things out now. What sites can you recommend? My birding focus may be the Spotted Owl and Black Swift: any recommendations for those species? Any other reliable spots for some forest mountain species? Any help would be much appreciated!
All the best,Roland van der Vietco-editor of Dutch Birdingformer chairman of Dutch rarities committee (CDNA)