Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Jun 16 12:17:31 PDT 2016

Tweets – What’s with this weather? Cool, big rumpled puffs of clouds (rather than a real overcast), unexpected showers. Except for the plethora of baby birds, it didn’t feel much like summer today.

Highlights:

Green Heron Two, we think, along slough
Cooper’s Hawk Adult. First since early May
Spotted Sandpiper At least 3 below weir. Still expecting babies sometime
Barn Owl Matt saw one leave the windmill before my alarm went off
BLACK SWIFT At least a dozen, giving us great, close looks
Vaux’ Swift Almost as many as Blacks
Pac.-slope Flycatcher One heard at Rowing Club pond
N. R.-winged Swallow 1-2 over slough above weir
Orange-cr. Warbler Saw a couple, heard a couple more. Usually rare this time of year
Y.-rumped Warbler One heard near mansion
Black-thr. Gray Warbler One heard at south end of Dog Meadow, then across the slough

Baby birds were noted for the following species: Canada Goose, Wood Duck, Mallard, ?Common Merganser?, Great Blue Heron, Black-capped Chickadee, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, American Robin, Common Yellowthroat, Spotted Towhee, Savannah Sparrow, Song Sparrow (MANY), and Dark-eyed Junco. There may have been other species where we couldn’t tell the age of the birds.

For the day, 64 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com