[Tweeters] Acorn Woodpecker SIghtings?

B B birder4184 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 20:13:49 PDT 2016

There has only been a single Acorn Woodpecker observation reported on Ebird in the past 30 days.  That was a flyby from Eric Heisey who also reported not finding any at the Granary Tree in Klickitat County. I wondered If this was anomalous and looked somewhat deeper into Ebird and found relatively few reports for June (Eric did have one there last June) or July in recent years as well.  I am wondering if this is because nobody is looking for them then or if they are inactive/silent?  Any thoughts?  Anyone looked recently and either found and not reported or just not found?