[Tweeters] Red-eyed Vireo in my backyard, Olympia

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 24 11:12:56 PDT 2016

I just listened to a Red-eyed Vireo going on at length from a big maple tree in my backyard. It’s the first one I’ve encountered in my neighborhood north of Olympia (Foxhall) since I moved here in May 2007. I hear them so seldom, it took me awhile to decide what it was. I immediately placed it as a likely vireo and knew I’d heard it quite a few times in the past but those instance are few and far between. I tried to find it with a spotting scope but never saw it.

Kelly McAllister

Olympia, Washington