[Tweeters] feather ID

Valerie Anderson valhikes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 12:19:49 PDT 2016

Hi Tweets,
This week I was backpacking in the Teanaway region (Bean Creek/Stafford
Creek/Navaho Pass), which is just NE of Cle Elum. I found a feather right
in the middle of the trail, at about 4000 or 5000 feet elevation. Using my
feather identification book, we concluded that it belongs to a Great Gray
Owl....but I didn't know they visited that area. I have been unsuccessfully
seeking out these owls for the past few years and it would be so ironic
that I would stumble across one of their feathers when I wasn't even
thinking about them!
Any insight to confirm or reject this identification? It is about 10" in
length, and has all the characteristics of an owl feather. Sorry the photos
are not the greatest. Here's the link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/64943435@N07/
Thanks
Valerie Anderson