[Tweeters] Jennngs Park

Pamela Myers pamelapiwo6813 at aol.com
Thu Jun 30 14:38:27 PDT 2016

Jennings Park in Marysville was a very birdy place this morning. Due to a broken leg, I hadn't been over to check out the park in two months, so was eager to see who were the new birds in the marsh since my last visit. New birds (for me) were at least 4 WILLOW FLYCATCHERS calling and 2 were cooperative and gave a visiting birder from CA and I good close looks. Many resident birds were still abundant. We heard at least 1 VIRGINIA RAIL and there were numerous MARSH WRENS and COMMON YELLOWTHROATS. A small flock of CEDAR WAXWINGS found something good to eat in the willows along the Rail path.

Our biggest thrill was the BUSHTITS. We were able to count at least 56 birds and there were A LOT more. It was the largest flock of Bushtits we had ever seen! They were dripping from the trees along the marsh and on the reeds. If we hadn't had good close looks you would think the flock was big enough to be confused for a swarm of very large flies!

Pam Myers
Marysville