[Tweeters] Kenn Kaufman article

Izzy Wong gobirder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 20:43:21 PST 2016

Hello everyone,

Thought I’d share a link to a recent article by Kenn Kaufman regarding the importance of greater racial/ethnic inclusion in the birding community.

https://www.audubon.org/news/the-love-birds-knows-no-language <https://www.audubon.org/news/the-love-birds-knows-no-language>

The article also includes the news of a really cool addition to the recent Audubon.org <http://audubon.org/>’s complete bird guide: it is now offered in Spanish. Among other things, Kenn discusses the challenges of translation of bird names, which is something with which I’ve struggled when trying to name birds to non-English speaking friends.

I found Kenn’s article interesting and enlightening; hope others find it of interest, too.

best to all,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
gobirder at gmail.com <mailto:gobirder at gmail.com>