[Tweeters] Say's Phoebe in Olympia

Ryan Merrill rjm284 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 15:08:19 PST 2016

The county checklist referred to must be out of date. I'm aware of ten
Say's Phoebes in Thurston County since 1997, half of which have been in the
past five years. Reports of the species in western Washington in general
have increased substantially in the past decade or so, which I assume is
mainly due to the increased number of birders and it being easier to report
sightings than in the past, rather than a real increase in migrants in
western Washington.

Thurston County Say's Phoebes:

3/4/2016 Olympia
2/23/2016 Nisqually NWR