[Tweeters] Say's Phoebe in Olympia

festuca at comcast.net festuca at comcast.net
Fri Mar 4 18:01:10 PST 2016

Hi Wally,

I imagine that the species is 'regular' but uncommon in the County. The eBird map shows quite a number of records in Thurston County, mostly this time of year (February & March) as the early migrants pass through the region.

This bird was on top of a 6-story building, and I lucked into seeing it because I was looking out the 6th-story window of an adjacent building. I went downstairs 20 minutes later to try to re-find it, as did a couple other Olympia birders, but to no avail. It was raining this afternoon; I don't know if that will speed its migration, or slow it down.

Cheers,
Jon. Anderson in OlyWA