[Tweeters] Yard birding - Battle Ground style

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 13:54:34 PST 2016

Hi Tweeters,

It was nice to spend some time in my small Battle Ground, Clark County
backyard looking up for returning migrants today. The quantity of sunshine
was unexpected:

Turkey Vulture - 1 (FOY-yard)
Tree Swallow - numerous
Violet-Green Swallow - 6 (FOY - yard)

About 40 minutes ago, a northbound line of rain clouds passed over. I had
hopes that this "front" would be pushing some raptors so I was watching:

Bald Eagle: 2
California Gull: 7 (FOY-yard)
RING-BILLED GULL - 1 (FOY - yard and only the second time I've had one in 8
years)
Tree Swallow - quite a few northbound

There's something to be said for watching the weather radar.

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker