[Tweeters] Carkeek park Saturday

Josh Hayes Coralliophila at live.com
Sat Mar 5 23:33:10 PST 2016

Very birdy day walking down and then back up Piper's Creek. We had both chickadees, both kinglets, creepers, red-breasted nuthatches, Anna's but no rufous hummers. One solid Hutton's vireo, a smallish woodpecker (hairy, I think, but my wife thought downy), two lovely adult and one juvenile bald eagles, one red-tail, numerous song sparrows and juncos, and several unbelievably loud pacific coast wrens or whatever they are calling winter wrens nowadays.

I also had a pretty solid empidonax, but it was stubbornly un-singing so no ID even attempted. The offshore goldeneyes appeared to all be Barrow's.

A beautiful day!

Josh Hayes in licton springs

Sent from my Windows Phone