[Tweeters] Request for information on local WA Bald Eagle incubation dates

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 6 16:47:47 PST 2016

Well, it’s now March 6th so we’re getting dangerously close to the normal time period for appearance of eggs in Bald Eagle nests in western Washington. However, I did see an adult hunkered down in incubation posture in the nest at Mud Bay, south of US 101 west of Olympia, today. I remember that Charlie Nash, the postmaster of Friday Harbor who had a keen interest in the nesting Bald Eagles in the San Juan Islands, once wrote down his sighting of an egg in a nest (viewed from an airplane) on March 9th. That was, for me, the early date that I carried around in my head for a long time. It’s funny, because I forget so many things, that I still remember that tiny factoid.

Kelly McAllister