[Tweeters] Common Raven in Seward Park this afternoon.

cma at squeakyfiddle.com cma at squeakyfiddle.com
Tue Mar 8 17:15:54 PST 2016

I heard it first around 3:15PM down near the ampitheater, then followed
its calls as it moved to a Big-leaf Maple about 1/3 of the way north
along the main trail. Definitely Raven from the voice, "Quork!", and
size. Watched for a long time as it pulled moss off of the upper limbs
of the maple.

This is the second time in ~20 years that I've seen/heard a Raven in
Seward Park. I walk there almost every day. The last Raven was being
mobbed by crows. This time there were no crows present anywhere, just a
Downy Woodpecker working nearby.

Catherine Alexander
South Seattle