[Tweeters] Juvie/Adult Bald Eagle Interaction

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 11:34:25 PST 2016

Interesting reports on juvie/adult bald eagle interaction.  Back in February of 2014,  several of us photographed juvie bald eagles plus an unattached adult invading the territory of the Pt. Edwards pair and attempting to steal their prey.     This activity ceased around March.
I assumed the marauders were winter transients passing through Edmonds.  I have seen at least one juvie and a sub adult in Edmonds this winter, but I have not observed the interaction with the Pt.Edwards pair like I did in 2014.
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?9901-Still-More-Edmonds-Eagles-Action-2-8-14
http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?9881-Serious-Eagle-Action-at-Edmonds-Marina-Park

 http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?9946-More-Serious-Marina-Park-Eagle-Action
Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA