[Tweeters] Marymoor Say's Phoebe

kayliningalls at gmail.com kayliningalls at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:21:36 PDT 2016

Hey tweeters!
I was at Marymoor in a break in the rain today (around 12:45) and I saw the Say's Phoebe in the meadow south of the viewing mound! We were about halfway down the bird loop trail when I saw it land on a Tree Sallow box, before flying to some closer trees to put on a show. It was flycatching around and I heard it call a few times. A state and year bird for me!!! I was able to point it out to two other birders who were nearby. The rain and wind picked up after that so we were forced to head back to the car. Super worth it though!
We also saw some Voilet-green Swallows!
Good luck to all the searchers!!
-Kaylin Ingalls
Kirkland WA