[Tweeters] Location Reporting Suggestion

Wally Davis wallydavis3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:55:48 PDT 2016

Hi Tweeters,

I have not been with you very long and have very much enjoyed the reports.
On several occasions I have decided to follow up and try to find a bird
based on a Tweeter report. In each case I have had to go back to the
original poster for more information because I am not familiar with the area
and don't understand local landmarks or local rather than formal (i.e. map)
names are used (shades of scientific names). My guess is that everyone on
the Tweeters list carries at least one GPS with them when they go birding.
GPS receivers are built into almost all phones and tablets and are present
in many cameras which record position as metadata when a picture is taken
(assuming the GPS is turned on).

I would like to suggest that posts, particularly posts with birds which many
may try to find, include a GPS position(s).

Cheers,

Wally Davis

Snohomish