[Tweeters] Okanogan/Douglas County Bird Report with Updated PHOTOS (Longish)

Tom Mansfield birds at t-mansfield.com
Thu Mar 17 20:09:14 PDT 2016

Bravo, Khanh - you are an inspiration for me and many. I am lucky to know first hand your special karma with special birds but what most people don't realize is your devoted commitment to find the birds you know are "in the neighborhood." Many birders just pass through, expecting (or hoping) their target will pop up just where you or someone else had it. We all know that's unrealistic, usually. Sometimes the bird is where it is "supposed" to be and that's a fortunate outcome. But many times, it takes an investment in time and effort to realize the goal. Your posts are always so positive and inspiring and offered with goodwill. That anyone would have "accused me of being greedy and not willing to share information" is unfortunate and uninformed. Keep your karma cooking and share your great fortune - it is inspirational for the rest of us.

Tom Mansfield in Seattle (wishing I was chasing something great elsewhere...)