[Tweeters] Shots from Lake Sammamish this aft. inc. Green Heron

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 21:40:32 PDT 2016

  Hi all,
Delia and I took an afternoon trip over to Lake Sammamish which we cut short she's a bit sick.
The shots are here:
http://ednewbold.com/muggy-late-winter-afternoon-at-lake-sam/

We had a Green Heron, many singing Purple Finch and almost as many Rufous Hummingbirds as I hoped for.  I was very alarmed to not see Tree Swallows until we saw some extremely high and out of ear-shot at the end of the walk.  I'm hoping they were just foraging above the Merlin-line today because they could.  I think we heard a Hutton's Vireo but it shut up too soon for our untrustable (new word) ears.

There are a lot of changes at Lake Sammamish State Park that have been happening quite recently and what shocked and surprised me is that they seem to be for the better. Where was my faith.