Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Mar 24 12:36:30 PDT 2016

Tweets – The weather wasn’t quite as nice as I’d hoped, as there were often fairly stiff breezes this morning, and no real sunshine. At least it wasn’t below freezing, nor precipitating. Meh, I shouldn’t complain. It WAS birdy.

Highlights:

- ducks - 10 species, incl. at least 4 WOOD DUCKS
Green Heron Again along far side of slough
Band-tailed Pigeon One flyover
Barn Owl One in East Meadow
N. Saw-whet Owl One heard around 5:45 a.m.
R.-breasted Sapsucker 3-4
Pileated Woodpecker One
MERLIN One near concert stage at 7:00 a.m.
SAY’S PHOEBE One in East Meadow
Bushtit One nest seen, very much out in the open...
Varied Thrush Two heard
Y.-rumped Warbler Several “Myrtles”, 1 singing “Audubon’s”
Savannah Sparrow Singing in East Meadow
Lincoln’s Sparrow One along east edge of East Meadow

After all the excitement at the park this week, there were no amazing birds today, but we did end up with 65 species. Nothing new today, per se, but SAVANNAH SPARROW was new this week, plus the earlier rarities – Burrowing Owl, Mountain Bluebird, and Common Redpoll – bring the 2016 list to 90 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com